Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 “The Dairy Mom” Blog Highlights

Happy New Year! For my first blog of 2012, I would like to share some highlights of 2011.

Top 10 Most Popular Blogs   
  1. Do You Drink Milk? 
  2. Content Cows Chew Cud 
  3. Growing Up on Our Farm - Calf to Heifer to Milk Cow  
  4. Hey Oprah – You Don’t Have to Go Vegan to Be Healthy and Compassionate
  5. The Majority of the U.S. Farm Bill Funds Food & Nutrition Programs 
  6. The Milk Inspector is Coming
  7. Twins are Born! 
  8. Food, Inc. or Black Sheep 
  9. Dairy Diet – What do Cows Eat? 
  10. What do Milk, Apple Juice and Sponge Bob Have in Common? 

 
The blog with the most comments this year was Hey Oprah – You Don’t Have to Go Vegan to Be Healthy and Compassionate. It received 20 comments and posted 5 responses.

Audience
Eighty-one percent of my blog audience is from the United States. People in other countries also read my blog; 5% from Canada, 5% from India, 4% from the United Kingdom, 2% from Australia, 2% from Germany and less than 1% from the Netherlands, Ireland, South Korea and Russia.

My Favorites
This year we opened our farm to visitors which was a neat experience for our family. It was fun looking back on the two blogs I wrote about our Open Farm events; Reflections About Opening Our Farm in 2011 and Celebrating June Dairy Month by Opening our Farm.

Summer is a wonderful time of year with long days of sunlight. In 2011, it was the only time the farm wasn’t muddy from our record rainfall year! I took pleasure in reviewing my Summer Scenes blog. Every summer, the boys and I go to California to visit my family. This is always a wonderful trip and the blog about Visiting Grandpa’s California Dairy brought back memories of the fun we had during our visit.

One spring day, I took photos and shared them in The Future of Our Herd: Calves and Boys. We had such fun with the calves that afternoon!

I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my blog posts as much as I’ve enjoyed writing them! Thank you for your interest in our farm and for supporting America’s dairy farmers!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to comment! I’m opening the doors of our farm to share with you and enjoy engaging in discussion. Please be respectful in your comments. I reserve the right to remove posts that include name calling, slander, and vulgar language or contain links to websites that assault animal agriculture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...